Saturday, April 14, 2012

Hello! Is This Thing On?

Hello again!  Long time no see.  Let's sit down and chat awhile, catch up on things, shall we?

Yep, it's been about eight months since I last posted on this blog.  There's been some pretty heavy stuff going on in my life that has drawn my attention away from just about everything except breathing.  My father was in a serious car accident and hospitalized for nearly two months.  He's doing much better now, recovering nicely.  I have been diagnosed with a particularly annoying and time consuming digestive disease that has required many tests, medications and a short stint in the hospital for myself as well.  I have also made some career changes.  I'm still an accountant by day (at least until I write the Great American Novel) but have taken a position as controller with a new company.  "Controller" is just a fancy word for someone who runs an accounting department for a small company.  Needless to say, this new job comes with some pretty hefty responsibilities and stress.  Things are settling down now, however.  Day to day life is starting to return to normalcy.

I have still been recieving all your author/publisher review submissions and filing them away.  I hope to return to reading and reviewing these submissions again but for the time being, I just want to get back in the swing of things.  If you have sent me a review request, I will be in contact soon on whether or not I will be able to accomodate your request.  I have been inundated with submissions and am unfortunately going to have to refuse some.  Alas, I don't do this for a living and therefore have limited time for reading and blogging.

However, during these last few months, I did not stop reading.  I haven't been reading as much but still reading nontheless.  A few of the titles that I read during my absence from this blog that I may or may not get around to telling you about include Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil by John Berendt, A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows, and Prince of Thieves by Chuck Hogan.  I just finished North and South by John Jakes and have already started writing the review for it so look for that soon.  In the meantime, leave me a comment on what all everybody is reading.  I'd love to hear from you again.

Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment